Work is for All
Are you unemployed or underemployed? Are you wanting to make a career change but finding it hard to do so? Join our Career Services Program! Our staff assist individuals participating in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program to gain and maintain meaningful employment at no cost to the individual. Not part of TANF? You may still qualify for our services!
How We Help
Our dedicated team of career services specialists can help you with resume-building, one-on-one career coaching, and building the needed skills to land your next job. As a vital community partner, NW Works is uniquely positioned to recruit, train, place, and support workers in our region.
Who is Eligible for Career Services?
- Individuals participating in Virginia’s TANF program who receive cash assistance and are in Virginia’s Initiative for Employment Not Welfare (VIEW), including those sanctioned.
- TANF participants who receive cash assistance and are exempt from VIEW, also known as View Exempt.
- Individuals receiving Diversionary Assistance through the TANF program.
- Participants whose cash assistance has ended and who are now in the transitional period, up to 24 months after the end of TANF cash assistance.
- Individuals with family incomes below 200% of the poverty level and who have a qualifying child or children. Use the chart below to determine whether you are eligible.
|Number of people in household||Total annual income|
|9+||Please contact our team to determine threshold.|
What is TANF?
The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, also known as TANF, is a time-limited initiative to support families with children when the parents or otherwise responsible adult caregivers are unable to provide for the family’s basic needs. Funding is providing from the Federal Government in the form of grants to individual states, which then run their own TANF programs. Click here for more information about Virginia’s TANF program.
What if I Don’t Qualify?
Our specialists also offer bi-weekly Job Seeker Workshops to the public through a partnership with Handley Regional Library on the second and fourth Wednesday of every month. For more information, call the Library’s Information Desk at 540-662-9041 Ext. 19 or email Todd Strader at email@example.com
Contact us today to learn if the Career Services Program is right for you!